Friday, May 18, 2007

Hurricane Jesus: 1

I was reading the Times online, and down at the bottom was a google ad that caught my eye. "God loves you even in a hurricane" it said. (Or something like that, I can't remember the details)
So I clicked on the ad and it took me here. When Hurricanes Strike. At least I know this one isn't a parody site :-) It's hosted by Campus Crusade for Christ.
It uses hurricanes as ametephor for stormy lives and suggests that I need Jesus to get me through the storm. It then walks through the "4 laws" and ends up with the sinner's prayer.
At the bottom of the page is a "Did you pray this prayer?" feedback button, and another titled "I still have questions". This is where I went. Having chosen the option "I am not a christian and I still have questions" I fired off the following response:
Why did god send the hurricane in the first place. Why would he kill people, and babies and animals? The hurricane wasn't caused by anyone's sin. Why would a loving god make us suffer? Why would a loving god hurt and kill babies?

The next day I received an automated acknowledgement:
This is to confirm that we have received your request for personal assistance. Please do not reply to this e-mail.
You should receive a personal response by e-mail within the next several business days.
Sincerely,
Response Centers staff

I didn't expect much but yesterday I had a response from Annabel. It's a bit long and it's addressed to "Carla" who is the pseudo I use when I want to guard my real email address. To stop this post becomming hugely long I'll post the correspondence in consecutive posts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home