Sunday, November 02, 2008

Stop Sylvia Browne

I've made a few posts in the past about this nasty woman, and the stirling work done by Rob Lancaster at his Stop Sylvia Browne website.

It seems that while Rob has been ill, the domain for his original website had expired and GoDaddy sold it on without giving him the opportunity to renew.

Some slime bought the domain and has modified it to be full of woo and praise of the witch.

So I've updated all my links and this post is to inform and also to give Google more hits on the good address. So forgive this opportunity to use Sylvia Browne's name a few times with links to the correct domain.

Sylvia Browne is a nasty predatory woman who makes a lot of money by lying to emtionally vulnerable people. It is a shame there are no legal means of stoppping Sylvia Browne from doing this.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:34 pm, Blogger Froggie said...

Stew,
You are very interesting fellow!

I was wondering how you learned such good English.

I have people that work for me with less command of the language.

Nice pics in the previous post.
I love the textures also.

Dale

 
At 5:41 pm, Blogger Stew said...

Dale - thanks for dropping in.

I was born in Zimbabwe, ex Rhodesia, a former British colony. My mother is English, so english is my first language.

Rather you sohuld ask how I've come to speak such good french!

I've been lucky enough to get a full time job in a factory here in France, and the total immersion gives me no choice but to learn the language.

 
At 6:17 pm, Blogger Paul said...

I will hunt this Sylvia down and confront her with some rather probing questions.

I have already tried telephoning her but Sylvia's mother says Sylvia's busy, too busy to come to the phone...

:-)

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Froggie said...

Stew,
To be frank, conversationally, I would have expected you to be a college professor or something.

You are a very rational thinker!

I see you were doing some welding. I have also dabbled with that and some metal working.

Keep up the good work!

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger Froggie said...

It is a dirty shame that frauds like this can get away with making a comfortable living out of this rubbish.

It gets me hot under the collar too.
But alas, there will always be charlatans.

 
At 11:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of this particular person but there are so many people who believe in psychics and mediums. Seems like most believers I've encountered distinguish in their own thinking between the frauds and the real ones.

Personally, I'm not aware of any that are demonstrably credible, but can't say I've really looked into it...

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger travelling, but not in love said...

As far as psychics go, I always found Doris Stokes to be the happy medium. tee hee. See what I did there?

really though, this is not good. Manipulative and preying on the desperate. Nasty business.

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Ben said...

I've heard of this woman. Reportedly, she's not only a fraud but insensitive, rude and callous - the sort of person who responds to timid, grieving audience members' questions as to whether their missing relatives are still alive with a quick and blunt "no, s/he's dead."

Nice. If you must con the vulnerable and gullible out of fortunes at least smile while you're doing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home