Saturday, February 16, 2008

Spelling and Pronunciation

Thanks to TBNIL for a heads up to a series of SNCF adverts. He said:
I loved those SNCF adverts last year .... they used traditional french village signs to advertise flights ot far off places - so for example, there was:

St Gapour - Singapore
Losse-en-Gellaisse - Los Angeles
Quancoune - Cancun

...and many more. Fabulous, and combined with great photography.


So I found some of the ads on DailyMotion. DailyMotion is used by the guys at the factory and seems much more well known here than YouTube








More info and pics from the guy who uploaded those vids Ulfalabla

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:39 pm, Blogger Lola said...

Took me a while to go through all the languages and accents necessary to work out what the places were! I was stuck on PĂ©quint for a bit...

 
At 10:14 pm, Blogger travelling, but not in love said...

fabulous. well done for digging these up Stew, I didn't see these ads - I just saw the press ads.

They're possibly the coolest bit of marketing this side of the channel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home