Saturday, December 01, 2007

You say tomato . . .

You say "immoral", I say "win-win situation"

A prostitute in Chile has auctioned 27 hours of sex to raise money for a disabled children's charity.
"Maria Carolina has made headlines and appeared on talk shows since she announced her donation to the televised Teleton, Chile's largest fundraising event that will run for 27 hours this weekend.
I am going to contribute with my work to a purpose that touches me deeply," said the brunette.
To dispel any doubts, she promised to post a picture of the bank deposit slip on the website where she advertises her services.
Miss Carolina, who charges $300 for a 90-minute session, estimated that she would raise more than $4000.
"I've already auctioned off the 27 hours," the prostitute said. "One of my clients already paid. It seemed like a good deed to him."
Mario Kreutzberger, the Teleton organiser, was reluctant to accept her pledge.
"Everyone can do what they want," the television presenter said. "But if someone tells me that they'll do something immoral ... I'm not going to encourage it."

I may be wrong, but it's very probable that this woman is entirely in control of her life and her earnings. She offers a service. Willing clients pay and get the services as advertised. No-one is hurt. She decides to put aside her earnings for a charity.
And it is considered "immoral"? Perhaps it is against the law in Chile but we all know that law, justice and morality don't always intersect.
I'm all for charity. I think this story is timley given some of the talk in the atheisphere regarding atheism and charity. I can't afford the $300 for a 90 minute session (90 minutes - bloody hell, if she can ball me for 90 minutes that's good value!!) but on a dollar per minute rate I could probably spring for 10 minutes worth. I can just imagine what my wife's remark will be when she reads this post.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:41 am, Blogger Reason's Whore said...

10 minutes...Most guys would probably get better value for their money by breaking that into two 5-minute sessions. ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home