Tuesday, December 11, 2007

French Atheists

I'm going to start collecting and research French Atheist sites and must explore the French Atheist and Humanist organisations.

My first stop is Athéisme - L'homme debout which on their English pages they translate as "Atheism - The capital man" but "debout" means "standing" and I think it translates much better as "Atheism - mankind standing tall"

They have a great page on the Scale of beliefs which I can't show because it's done in html tables, but I recommend you follow the link. They try and show the gradations from animism to atheism through religions as a progressions. It's quite thought provoking to see it laid out in this way.

It's an interesting site, with quotes and jokes (sometimes the humour gets lost in the translation!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home