Gah! Chris Bradley of Deeply Blasphemous and Kristi Collins of Pink Prozac have tagged me with this virulent little meme that is everywhere. Labels: memes
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Why must I do this? Is it some kind of chainletter thing, I'll be cursed with bad luck if I post the rules after?
But my nonconformity never lasts more than a second, I love joining in, me.
So, 8 random facts/habits:
1. I have a wart on my thigh that is proving very difficult to kill. I've had it years. It's about the size of an M&M. I bought some of that liquid nitrogen/cryogenic stuff to freeze it. The blurb said that it will kill a wart in about 14 days, but "stubborn or mature warts" may need a second treatment. Well this bastard has now been zapped 3 times and whil he has shrunk greatly in size (much like me with the cabbage soup diet!) he is still hanging in there. I'm going to give him another blast tonight. It really hurts too when you push that sub-zero foam tip on.
2. I love food preparation. I love eating, but I love cooking a bit more. And a bit more than cooking I love mucking about with the raw ingredients. I have to repress a desire to fondle and stroke the fish at the fish counter at the supermarket. They're so pretty and shiny and tasty looking. I wish I could ask the butcher if I could spend a day behind the counter cutting and preparing roasts and joints and chops. All that lovely shiny red marbled meat. My mouth is watering as I type. At barbeques I nearly always test all the stuff raw, it's fascinating how the cooking process changes the flavour and texture of things. In order to enjoy a good pork and leek sausage I need to have first tried a bit of it raw to see the before and after.
3. I'm a great starter of projects and a terrible finisher.
4. I love pocket knives and I keep losing them.
5. If it wasn't for my wife's insisting that I make an effort, I would probably be happy with 1 pair of jeans and a few T-shirts. I wouldn't shave either.
6. I have a gap between 2 molars that always, ALWAYS needs flossing after eating. I go bananas if I'm stuck for any length of time sans floss.
7. While I display many of the cliched symptoms of having a Y-chromasome I have never been interested in cars. When people say things like "What do you think of the latest 3-series BMW?" I have no idea what they are talking about. If I tell people that I drive a Ford Escort (I don't it's just an example) They reply with "Is it the pre-1998 body or the more recent fastback?" And again, I am lost. When people ask me what car I drive I prefer to reply "A white one". Cars are for getting you from A to B.
8. I'm running a 10k race on July 14th. I haven't raced since moving to France, nearly 4 years. I'm out of shape, but hoping this race will kickstart the running habit again. I can then see how much faster I run the race in 2008!
8 bloggers to tag:
Babble, Bullshit Blasphemy and Being
The Thermal Vent
Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
The Black Gay Jew
Religion is Bullshit!
My apologies if you've already been tagged with this one.