Thursday, April 05, 2007

Arse!


While looking at the referrers to my blog I noticed that someone had arrived here via a google search on "A french wine called Arse". This peculiar search string brings my blog up as the first entry. Today's post will no doubt re-enforce my internet dominance of anatomically labelled alcohol.
Now it so happens that I have drunk this very wine and at about 3 Euros a bottle, it's not too shabby at all.
Its full name is Château Seigneurie d'Arse and it is a Fitou. It has won a few medals, for example it took a gold medal in the "CONCOURS MONDIAL DE BRUXELLES 2006" for its 2004.
Fitou is in the department Aude (11) in the south of France. It was the first of the regions in the Languedoc to be awarded its own Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée (AOC) in 1948.

To finish off tho' still on the arse theme, I give you Bob Fleming and Clive Tucker.

5 Comments:

At 1:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most funny thing I have seen in days :)

Gorthos
(www.gorthos.com/blog)

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

We got some good three dolla wine in Santa Cruz, too, but none so amusingly named. ;)

 
At 10:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I FOUND THIS WINE IN A SUPERMARKET IN rABESTENS IN THE TARN FRANCE I GOT THE LAST 5 BOTTLES AS ITS WELL KNOWN THE FRENCH ARE VERY KEEN ON THEIR ARSE DB

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger MikeK said...

Does anybody know where we can get some more of this? We bought the last of it the supermarket in Normandy. Calais would be good - passing through there later this month

 
At 2:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened upon this blog (two and a half years late!) and thought I would add a little known historical "fact" on the subject of Arse.

The battlecry of the Lords of Arse was well known for curdling the blood of their deadliest enemies, the English.

At some point in every battle the time would come when the Lords of Arse would advance on their trusty steeds, and waving their swords high in the air, they would yell, "Men of Arse! Backwards into the fray!!"

That was usually enough for the Brits, who would scatter from the field in panic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home