Friday, February 23, 2007

Un week-end debauché

Today is our wedding anniversary, 22 years. We've booked a hotel in Bordeaux - Hôtel de lOpéra a 2 star jobby in the middle of the town.
We found the hotel through the excellent Bordeaux Tourist Board website. I'm really looking forward to a weekend in the big city, and eating something unusual and delicious. I will eat absolutely anything, and one of the things I love about french cuisine is that they will cook just about anything.
A full report will be published on our return.

On the job front - the factory called today to cancel my 2:00pm appointment because the HR person is in Paris. But they want me to pop in sometime during my shift on Monday, so the can open a file and the on Wednesday I'll sign the contract.

So it is definitely ON! At last I get to be a fully-fledged, can't-fire-me, job-for-life, union-member french labourer. I wonder which Union I should join. The one that will piss off the fewest co-workers. If I don't join a union I'll piss off all my co-equipiers. I'll probably be the only Sarkozy supporting union member in France!

4 Comments:

At 9:48 pm, Blogger Michael Bains said...

I'd have said to join the Union with the cutest steward, but it sounds like you've 22 years of reasons not to go that route. {-;

Congrats to both of you!!! Hope the weekend was fantastic.

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger Nava said...

Awaiting your trip report - mostly the gastronomical part :-)

 
At 1:28 pm, Blogger Michael Bains said...

Dig the cuisine update!

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger Nava said...

Hey, you OK?
It's been over a month since you blogged... we're kinda, like, well, concerned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home