Friday, December 29, 2006

All change at the factory - Again

Day 5 of the 6 day cycle. 8:00pm to 4:00am
Tiles made: Rives Regence Droit Noir 4000
Tiles unstacked: Rives Standard gauche Rouge 4000
As of 7th January I'll be changing team - AGAIN. I will be going back to team E with Pascal Quintard. This is the team I started with 2 years ago.

Apparantly, because of over stock, they are cutting production of factory 5 on team B. This leaves us with 3 extra staff. So they are cutting the interimaires (like me) but because they have already invested 2 years in me, rather than drop me they are moving me to another team.

I should be thankful, because it's better than getting the axe, but I'm disappointed because I'm hoping to be taken on full time, and instead I discover that I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth.

I also can't see how they will fit me into Quintard's team because he already has 2 interimaires in his team. One of them, Cyril, has been there as long as I have, and they make a good team. The 3 of them have been together for over a year. I can't see them breaking up a good team just to fit me in. It seems more likely to me that I'll go into the mould workshop, or another press.

Otherwise, last night was a good night. the press ran well, and I spent the night driving the transbordeur.

I got to bed at 5:00 am, and then had to get up at 9:00 because we had been given tickets to a free cartoon at the cinema. They had been given to us by Veronique, Aubin's mum. So Callan, Briony, Aubain & I went to Chasseneuil. The file was "Merlin l'enchanteur" and had been made in Angouleme for Arte television. Not released to cinema, it had aird on Christmas eve on tv. So the Conseil General was giving these free screenings. It was pretty weak. Computer animated, none of the charm of trad animation and far from Pixar/Dreamworks/Disney. But the kids liked it.

I'm going to have a cup of tea and have a wee nap before tonight's shift. I'm taking a gallette to work to share with the coffee break.

3 Comments:

At 9:03 pm, Blogger Michael Bains said...

Whoa. The New Year's bringing new worries, eh. Hang in there Stew!

Happy New Year!

(and I hope that flu has left you all in peace. {-: )

 
At 6:23 pm, Blogger Nava said...

Hope the new year has brought good news with it.

Have a Wonderful 2007!!!

 
At 7:02 pm, Blogger Michael Bains said...

No more vomit, I hope?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home