Monday, October 16, 2006

Live Pigeon Blogging

Categories:
Way back in May my pigeon loft was finished and I took delivery of 8 pigeons from Marcel.
I got another 6 from M. Broyeau. He tagged his males and the six birds from him were bigger than Marcels. I think now, it ws just that marcel's birds were younger.
All 14 birds are looking fat and healthy and there has been more and more cooing going on.
Pigeons reach sexual maturity at 5-6 months. Which is about now. At the end of last month one of the birds laid an egg, but it was abandoned. Today tho, there are 2 eggs in a nest and they are being looked after. So far I have only seen the cock bird on the nest.

Here are some other picks of the darlings:-


Eggs take about 20 days to hatch. So these babies should be cheeping by the first week of November. I hope the rest of the birds get a move on.

If you got to this page searching for pigeon info, here are some useful links:
Raising pigeons and squabs for fun and food
BASIC PIGEON INFORMATION
Pigeon Genetics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home