Saturday, May 27, 2006

The psychics fail again

With all of the publicity around Eric Julien's predictions for a fragment of a comet to strike the earth on the 25th and cause an undersea eathquake and tsunami, there has been a lot of traffic and talk about predictions of earthquakes.
When the SaveLivesInMay! forums were active there were people who claimed to have predicted the December 26 Indian Ocean Tsunami and another who claimed to be an "Earth Sensitive" who could hear the earth's tectonic plates moving.

A pity then that none of them foresaw today's Earthquake in Indonesia that may have killed 1400 people. It measured 6.2 and hit the island of Java.

No doubt afterwards these ghoulish bastards will all be saying "I saw it! I saw it!"

Until I see documented proof via timestamping that someone logged specific predictions, (place and date) I will remain of the opinion that these people are full of shit. Its no good saying "There may be a quake in the southern hemisphere in 2006" hell I can do that, in fact I just have. If just ONE psychic would log BEFORE the event, something like "Earthquake in Java, Indonesia end of May 2006" I would sit up and take notice.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 pm, Blogger The Wanted Man said...

I actually spotted that on the news this morning but it was only one of those little factoids whizzing past at the bottom, therefore totally forgetting about it.

Yeah, there all full of shit, if you could detect earthquakes and the like you could charge a fucking fortune to countries for the info.

 
At 1:48 pm, Blogger Michael Bains said...

"Earth Sensitive" who could hear the earth's tectonic plates moving

Come on, Stew! That racket keeps me up at night.

And I would make money on it, but I'd just spend it all on hookers, booze and reefer, so what's the point?

{-;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home