Sunday, May 14, 2006

Its a filthy dirty job

Day 4 of the 6 day shift cycle. Shift midday till 8:00 pm
Press - PZ45
Tiles made: Faiteaux Valmagne Cuivre 4200
Dry Tiles unstacked: Faiteaux Valmagne Beige

The Valmagne Beige colour is made from a coating of white and then random sprays of Black and straw. Well, those are the colours after the tile has been fired. Before firing the white is a pale blue, and the straw is white.
Yesterday, the ongobeuse which gives the blue coating had one defective turbine, and I got blue glaze all ove me trying to repair that. And a few times the tiles got stuck under the black and straw sprayers and I got thos colours all over me sorting that out.
I was filthy at the end of the shift, and my glasses were spattered with glaze too.
The weather was very humid and it was hot work stacking the faiteaux. My T shirt was chafing under my arms and I had a nice nappy rash under my armpits when I got home.

Today has been a lovely sunny day and my pigeon loft is ready. Pigeons will be delivered by Marcel (a man who merits a blog posting dedicated to him), maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

Its quarter past seven and I have to leave for the night shift....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home