Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Switcheroo

Day 3 of the 6 day shift cycle. Shift midday till 8:00 pm
Press - PZ45
Tiles made: Faiteaux Littoral - 4800
Dry Tiles unstacked: Demi-Ronde 33 BV

I should be less backwards in coming forwards. Ever since November, when we make Faiteaux, the machine has a habit of cutting out the conveyor, but still pushing out clay. When it happens the operator has to open one of the gates to force an emergency stop (because by the time he's walked around to the control panel, a shit-load of clay will have been pushed out)

This was the first time I had made Faiteaux with Equipe A. I've made them often with Equipe B. Faiteaux After this fault had occurred about 10 times, Nounours has had enough and he calls the mechanic & electrician. When they arrive I point out that the 3-way switch we use when making Faiteaux isn't working, and we are cheating by having the switch on DTP setting and by blocking one of the sensors we get a fake Faiteaux mode, and perhaps the problems are linked.

After an hour of farting about it gets fixed. Later at the cass-croute I overhear Nounours talking to someone else. He says the electrician opening the console to look at the 3-way switch when the fault occurred. And then each time he tapped the 3-way switch, the fault occurred, so evidently a faulty switch. That was a bit of luck says Nounours, otherwise they'd still be looking for the problem.

No! not a bit of luck. It was me! me! But coz I'm an arse I didn't say anything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home