Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sick. I'm Sick

Day 5 of the 6 day shift cycle. Shift 8:00 pm till 4:00 am
Press - Mulder
Tiles made: Demi Ronde 33 BV - 4700
Dry Tiles unstacked: Demi Ronde 33 Noir, Faiteaux Littoral

The cough and runny nose, sore head etc getting worse. Working on the Mulder press there isn't even a spare hand to wipe my nose.
At midnight I felt really shit and said to Nounours that I was going to tell the boss I'm going home, if that was OK with him.
He says no, it's not OK because we're about to start unstacking the Faiteaux tiles which require an extra person to turn the bastard things over. So if I go home they're a man down.
OK, I say, "ce n'est pas mortel, je m'accroche"
I get home 4:15am, lie in the bath for 15 mins and then to bed and a bad sleep of coughing and dreams about unstoppable conveyor belts of tiles.

Today I feel like death and phoned in to tell them I won't be coming in tonight.
That makes for 5 days repos. Yippee!

Tomorrow's post and for next few days - Cherves Chatelars (our village) nasty history of Resistance and Reprisals at the end of the war. Murder, Torture, Executions.
Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home