Sunday, April 30, 2006

Overworked - underpaid

Day 1 of the 6 day shift cycle. Shift 4:00 am till midday
Press - Mulder
Tiles made: Marseilles 50 Rouge - 4400
Dry Tiles unstacked: Aretier Brun Rustic

Three of my four days rest were spent roofing. And the night before this shift we were invited round to a neighbours for aperatifs. Well you can't say no!
So I was late to bed and too many Pastis. Up at 3:00 am, off to work and sods law day 1 is big Marseilles Cinquantes. And the previous team were using the same meuleuse as us so my first job was to change the filiere and dig out clay. It's a hard 1/2 hour start to the shift.

At the end of the shift I was buggered. I cam home, had lunch and went straight to bed. slept for a few hours and then happily Fi let me laze around until bed time. In bed at 8:00 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home