Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rives GR13 - hard work

Categories: ,

Day 1 of the 6 day shift cycle. Shift 4:00am till midday
Tiles made: Rives GR13 Gauche Littoral - 4600
Dry Tiles unstacked: Double Tuiles Valmagne Cuivre

The press ran OK - it was the tile stacking that was hard. First we had to stack about 1000 Rives Standard Droit Rouge bypassing the grappins. This involves me and Francis -I take the tiles off the chassis and put them on the belt (which is what the Grappins normally do, but they can't be adequately adjusted for these tiles so its all manual) and the Francis takes them off the belt and onto the chain.
Later in the shift I was stacking the Double Tuiles and for some reason they had to go on the chain upside down. So I had to flip these big bastards, 2 at a time. Not so bad for the first few, but after and hour it starts to hurt.

Also - for some unknown reason I was dead tired by 8:00 am, even tho I got to bed by 10 and had a good sleep. Although I got no break in the second part of the shift at least I didn't do any Tremie cleaning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home